Imagine you woke up this morning, walked into the kitchen and saw a rat.
You would immediately know 4 things at that moment.
- You have a problem.
- There is an urgency to solve that problem.
- You have an emotional response to that problem.
- You have values that will guide how you will solve the problem (poison, humanely…)
Now ask yourself what is the equivalent of the “rat in the kitchen” problem that you solve for your clients and customers? When do they know they have a problem and what are their feelings and values about that problem? How will they research solutions for their problems?
My marketing plan essentials workshop will help you get in the mind of your customer and imagine the journey that leads to them contacting you.
This 3-hour workshop can be delivered in-person or over video conference.
The goals are to:
- Articulate the ideal customer’s problems that are solved by your products or services.
- Understand how and when prospects realize they have a problem that needs to be solved.
- Explore the actions and emotions of the prospects as they go through the journey of seeking solutions.
The take-aways from this workshop will be:
- Creation of personas that represents the various types of prospects.
- A messaging strategy that appeals to the prospect’s emotions.
- Identify marketing channels to reach the ideal prospects.
These are the elements of a marketing strategy that will help make all your other marketing efforts successful.
Why it Works!
Over 1,700 years ago Aristotle identified the 3 keys to persuasion as Ethos (Credible), Pathos (Emotional), and Logos (Logical).
By developing a habit of empathizing with your audience you will know how to speak to your audience’s values (pathos). You will be able to align your offerings to their needs (logos). Most importantly, you will help them envision a future they want to be part of (ethos).
To learn more about how each aspect of marketing should work together and why this is the first step, watch this video.